Starbucks' Major Announcement, Costco's Menu Change & More
We get it, you're busy. We're swamped, too—busy combing the Internet to keep you in the loop amid this fast-moving world, that is. Head into the weekend with these articles, food-related deep dives and Tasting Table reads stored away as dinner party conversation fodder.
All About Food
• Starbucks announces it's eliminating plastic straws from all stores by 2020.
• The founder of Papa John's steps down after using a racial slur.
• Costco is pulling a famous item from its food court menu, and people aren't pleased.
• Why The Handmaid's Tale-branded wines were canceled . . . the same day they were announced.
• Reexamining one of the most controversial food stereotypes of all.
• How reusable water bottles became society's latest status symbol.
• Behold, the pecan pie vending machine. Let's hope nothing gets stuck.
• An American state receives three Michelin stars.
Around the Web
• Finally, an airline that's giving the people what they want.
• This is the mesmerizing fireworks video actually worth watching.
This Week on TT
• In a move surprising to no one, IHOb announces it's switching its name back to IHOP.
• Get excited: Amazon Prime Day is right around the corner.
• This beer is brewed specifically for cancer patients.
• How the "Spotify for cookbooks" will bring you thousands of recipes.
• One particular TV show is transforming restaurants as we know them.
• How video games are training the next generation of restaurant workers.
• The kitchen prep station that combines more than 45 tools into one.
Please check your inbox to verify your email address.