Gluten-free recipes have a bad reputation—they are often long, complicated and require you to buy way too many ingredients you might use only once. This simple and easy gluten-free doughnut recipe could change your mind, however, since it requires just eight ingredients, most of which probably sound familiar.
These doughnuts are baked, not fried, so they are light and airy, spiked with a hint of pumpkin spice. What makes this recipe pop is the maple glaze. Treat yourself to these gluten-free doughnuts Thanksgiving morning or save them for an after-dinner treat when you feel too full to move.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin DoughnutsRecipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen
Yield: 12 doughnuts
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes, plus cooling time
Total Time: 35 minutes, plus cooling time
For the Pumpkin Doughnuts:
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin purée
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1½ cups brown rice flour
1 cup almond flour
For the Maple Glaze:
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup maple syrup
1⅓ cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute on medium to high speed. Add in the pumpkin purée and mix for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.
3. Add in the eggs, one by one, and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and flours. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together for 1 minute.
5. Spray your doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Fill a piping bag with your doughnut batter and pipe the batter into your doughnut pan. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Remove the doughnuts from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
6. While the doughnuts are cooling, make the glaze: In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the maple syrup. Once the butter has melted, remove from the heat and whisk in the confectioners’ sugar.
7. Dip each doughnut face down into the glaze (do a double dip if you’re feeling adventurous). Let dry on parchment paper, then serve.
Please check your inbox to verify your email address.