Sweet and tart Mike's Hard Lemonade adds summery citrus notes to this delightfully charred chicken from Travel Channel's Adam Richman.
Mike's Hard Lemonade-Can Chicken
Recipe adapted from Adam Richman for Mike's Hard Lemonade
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes, plus resting time
Total Time: 1 hour, plus resting time
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
One 4-to-5-pound chicken
Kosher salt, to taste
1 can Mike's Hard Lemonade
5 black peppercorns
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
1 bay leaf
1. Light a grill, or alternatively preheat the oven to 425º. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
2. Lay the chicken on a clean cutting board, then season with salt and rub the dry rub over the entire chicken, inside and out.
3. Open the Mike's Hard Lemonade and either pour out or drink about 2 tablespoons. Place the peppercorns, garlic and bay leaf into the can. Pick up the chicken and put the cavity over the can and slide the bird down onto it.
4. Carefully line the grill with aluminum foil and place the chicken on top, using the can to stand it up. Alternatively, place it on a foil-lined sheet tray and bake in the oven.
5. Cook until the chicken reads 165º on a thermometer, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before carving and serving.