You already love cauliflower rice, but have you been giving it the love it deserves? Instead of cooking it plain, we dress up cauliflower rice by wok-frying it with fragrant aromatics and smoky bacon. It's the perfect 30-minute weeknight meal.
Switch up the recipe by adding or replacing whichever vegetables you want. Try chopped zucchini, corn kernels or whatever you have on hand. You can even stir-fry some shrimp to add in if you're feeling wild.
Bacon Fried Cauliflower Rice
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 ounces (3 slices) thick-cut bacon
3 scallions, whites minced and greens thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
One 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
One 1½-pound cauliflower, riced (4 cups)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon sambal
1. In a wok, fry the bacon over medium heat. Cook, turning as needed, until crisp and the fat has rendered, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a cutting board and roughly chop.
2. Meanwhile, add the minced scallion whites, garlic and ginger to the wok, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, carrot and onion, and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the cauliflower rice and the reserved chopped bacon. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey and sambal. Toss to coat and cook until the cauliflower rice is tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Push the rice to one side of the wok and crack the egg onto the other. Using a wooden spoon, quickly scramble the egg with any accumulated juices until the egg is cooked and any liquid has thickened, 1 minute. Toss to evenly combine, then remove from the heat.
5. Divide between bowls, garnish with the reserved sliced scallion greens and serve.
Please check your inbox to verify your email address.