Location: Tasting Table Headquarters, SoHo, Manhattan, New York City
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic new team member to work in our Product Department at our New York City headquarters. The company is laser focused on audience growth and is seeking a data-driven individual to manage and enhance our current products and optimize our online product & content strategy. A strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Excel is mandatory. This role is tasked with helping the company make smart, fast decisions to optimize potential for growth. Understanding of business goals for interpretation & communication of recommendations is key.
The position will work very closely with the following departments: audience development, editorial, marketing, product (including the DINE iOS app) and operations. Data, communication, passion and drive are key characteristics that will help the individual thrive in this environment.
This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research ability and a positive, go-getter attitude. Motivation, resourcefulness and enthusiasm are musts: All of the projects are time-sensitive, so organization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency. You will be working with engineers, therefore logic always prevails.
- Work closely with Director of Product, directors, and various departments to help build, develop, iterate, and enhance new and existing products to achieve business goals
- Work with Director of Product to lead product definition and successfully maintain and execute on the product roadmap by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee content syndication partnerships from a product standpoint
- Constantly innovate and improve internal workflow functions by leveraging technical solutions or new platforms
- Successfully own and execute on all facets of the product lifecycle from ideation to production; to include post release strategy (e.g. A/B testing, user testing, iterate based on data, etc.)
- Manage expectations and product development pipeline across departments while prioritizing based on overall company objectives.
- Train and act as a resource to other departments when onboarding a new product, tool, or tech solution/best practice.
- Apply SEO expertise to keyword and competitor research, reporting, linking, conversion goals, on-page and off page optimization, rich media, image and digital asset (ex. blog, social media) optimization, and mobile; responsible for performance outcomes
- Analyze data for content, product, or general site performance for various departments.
- Keep up to date with latest products and/or best practices relative to the media or Tasting Table workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS/Engineering preferred but not required)
- 2-4 years of product experience (preferably in Digital Media)
- Adept at solving complex problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand when you are wrong
- Good sense of humor
- Familiarity with DMPs and/or the world of online (especially mobile advertising)
- Strong communication and reasoning skills across departments including those with non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to quickly and accurately forecast potential product solutions/implementations to solve overall business goals.
- Proficient with web/mobile product design and UI/UX best practices
- Experience in managing content syndication (eg. Facebook Instant, AMP, Apple News, Flipboard)
- Experience in iOS UI/UX design and development
- Experience in mobile app cohort analysis, funnel optimizations, setting conversion goals, and retention strategy
- Experience in push notification testing and strategy
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely experienced in Google Apps (Including but not limited to Docs, Sheets, Scripts, Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices and SaaS tools (Eg. Moz, Google Trends, SemRush)
- Familiar with process management tools (eg. Trello, Asana)
- Experience using wireframe tools
- Experience in A/B testing, user testing
- Experience in cloud-based database management, data manipulation, and record upkeep
- Familiar with messenger bots and/or artificial intelligence/machine learning SaaS platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, JS, Python, Node.js a plus
This position includes a competitive salary, two weeks vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program, stocked Stella Artois (TM) office fridge
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters. At this time, Tasting Table is not able to offer relocation packages.
Integrated Marketing Manager
Tasting Table is currently seeking an Integrated Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing department. This manager will work closely with the Brand Partnerships team to develop compelling, customized marketing programs that are strategic to advertisers’ brand goals and objectives as well as general sales materials for the Tasting Table brand to take to market. This position reports into the Integrated Marketing Director.
- Field day-to-day integrated marketing and RFP requests from Brand Partnerships team
- Work with Brand Partnerships to develop customized solutions for existing and prospective partners
- Develop compelling sales stories for advertisers based on editorial and audience data and statistics
- Write and designed custom proposals and presentations
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g. Operations, Product, Brand Experiences, Editorial) to provide detailed hand-off for sold marketing programs
- Complete client-facing program recaps and case studies
- Develop new, proactive integrated marketing packages and programs
- Create and write category-specific presentations, sell sheets and other sales collateral
- Participate in client and agency meetings, calls and brainstorms, as needed
- Independently manage workload to insure deadlines are met
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 Years of experience in digital media, communications or other related field (experience developing integrated marketing programs a plus)
- Excellent persuasive writing and presentation development skills
- Extremely organized multi-tasker
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape
- Adept at working in a highly-collaborative atmosphere, yet comfortable owning projects
- Passion for the food and drink culture (dining, drinking, cooking, entertaining, chefs, food travel, etc.)
- Computer skills: Mac Applications, Microsoft Office Suite (InDesign and Photoshop a plus)
Compensation: Salary + benefits. Tasting Table is not able to offer relocation packages at this time. Please, no recruiters.
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for more information. Applicants without salary requirements will not be considered.
Tasting Table is looking for a superstar senior manager to join our growing advertising sales team. Our new teammate should be a self-motivated, outgoing, proven go-getter with a strong understanding of digital advertising. Must have a proven track record of client and agency outreach/meetings resulting in the sale of digital / native programs.
- 2+ years experience selling integrated programs (more than just banners), including custom content, with proven success
- Experience working with travel, consumer electronics, home appliance and wine clients a plus
- Motivated & smart with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communicator – great writer & presenter
- Creative & strategic self-starter with the ability to connect with difficult-to-reach clients and build unique partnership ideas for them
- Bachelor's degree
- Prospect, negotiate and secure media partnerships with agencies and clients
- Achieve monthly sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities for Tasting Table
- Foster client relationships and be respected, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Work with the marketing team to create advertisers solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs, for clients and agencies
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management
- Participate in industry associations and trade groups.
Compensation: Salary + commission + benefits
To apply, send cover letter, resume & salary requirements to email@example.com. Applicants without salary requirements will not be considered.
Audience Development Analyst
Tasting Table is seeking an audience development analyst to assist in monitoring, tracking, and analyzing social media performance data to help grow our audience in 2017. This is an exciting opportunity for a food-loving analyst who wants to grow their social media analytics skillset in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is data-savvy, loves food and digital media, and is highly motivated and full of ideas.
- Compiling weekly and monthly social media performance reports, as well as other periodic reports
- Monitoring and tracking performance of Tasting Table content on social media
- Monitoring competitors in the social media space and analyzing performance and new trends, as well as compiling competitive intelligence reports
- Analyzing social media and site traffic trends and insights to help shape audience growth strategy
- 1+ years of work experience in data science or social media analytics
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and/or Google Sheets/Slides
- Experience with a variety of digital and social analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Parsely, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about social media and proficient in all major social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Brand Partnerships Manager - Chicago
Tasting Table is looking to grow its sales team in Chicago. An ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter, a strategic and independent thinker, outgoing, and a proven go-getter with a strong understanding of content-based advertising.
- 1-2 years sales-related experience
- Motivated and confident with the ability to work independently (set/achieve personal activity and financial goals, define/accomplish projects) and work remotely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present content/advertising solutions to decision makers
- Tenacious approach in navigating potential clients to break business
- Ability to create and maintain relationships among client and agency teams, amidst an ever changing media planning and buying landscape
- Generate RFP opportunities through meetings and constant correspondence with target accounts
- Strategic closer
- Ability to learn and think quickly, entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's degree
- Work closely with internal teams on all aspects of the sales lifecycle, from lead generation to media plan and proposal development
- Support Brand Partnerships Director in Chicago with large, key accounts
- Achieve sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities for Tasting Table
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management in Chicago
- Participate in industry associations and trade groups
Compensation: salary + commission + benefits
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to CHIBrandPartnershipsManager@tastingtable.com. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Audience Development / Social Media Intern
Desired start date: Immediately
Tasting Table is looking for a qualified intern to help manage our social audience. This is an exciting opportunity for a food-loving young professional who wants to grow their digital and social media skillset in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate loves food and social media, and is highly motivated and full of ideas.
The intern’s primary responsibility is to assist the Audience Development team in building our brand awareness and traffic through social channels, socializing our content and community management. This is a paid internship based in our New York City office (sorry, no remote) for 25-30 hours a week.
- Assist Social Media Editor with daily social media publishing, including, but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest
- Assist with analytics and performance tracking as needed
- Research and monitor industry trends in social media and food media
- Assist with creating social-first content for TT's Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram channels
- Proficiency in and passion for social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Dependable and strong team player
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is full of ideas
- Available to commit to 25-30 hours a week in our NYC office
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital media publication space
- Interest in the food/beverage industry
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Parse.ly is a plus
- Experience with Photoshop and graphic design is a plus
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.