This recipe--a mix of gin, vermouth and pineapple syrup poured over a glass of flaming absinthe--comes from Brian Means, the cocktail manager at Dirty Habit in San Francisco.
The Pink ElephantRecipe adapted from Brian Means, Dirty Habit, San Francisco
Yield: 1 cocktail
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 5 minutes
1½ ounces Fords Gin
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
½ ounce pineapple syrup (2 parts sugar to 1 part pineapple juice, boiled to dissolve the sugar)
½ ounce Bianco vermouth
3 dashes orange bitters
Absinthe, as needed
Orange peel, for garnish
1. Combine the gin, lemon juice, pineapple gum syrup, vermouth and orange bitters in a shaker and add ice.
2. Pour a little bit of absinthe into a rocks glass.
3. Shake the cocktail for about ten seconds.
4. Using a match, light the absinthe in the glass and rotate it to coat the inside.
5. Double strain the cocktail into the glass and garnish with the orange peel.
Please check your inbox to verify your email address.