The addition of Tillamook Plain and Simple 2% Farmstyle Greek Yogurt helps keep this orange zest- and cardamom-scented pound cake ridiculously moist. After baking, it's sliced and grilled alongside juicy, sweet-tart peaches, apricots, plums or nectarines. Pile the grilled fruit on top and add a dollop of mascarpone cheese that's been whipped with heavy cream and Tillamook Farmstyle Greek Yogurt, and a sprinkling of fresh thyme for the perfect finish.
Make sure to let the cake cool before slicing and look for stone fruit that is on the firm side, so it is easier to grill.
To see more recipes, go to "Dairy to Dream."
Grilled Pound Cake with Stone Fruit and Whipped Mascarpone
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
For the Grilled Pound Cake:
Unsalted butter, softened, for greasing
1½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Whipped Mascarpone:
1 pint heavy cream
½ cup mascarpone cheese
2 pounds mixed stone fruit (such as peaches, apricots, plums or nectarines), halved and pitted
1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
1. Make the grilled pound cake: Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat it to 350°. Grease an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with the softened butter and dust the pan with flour.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest, vanilla and olive oil.
3. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and cardamom together, then stir in the salt.
4. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake the cake until the top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Allow to cool before cutting into 8 slices.
6. While the pound cake is baking, make the whipped mascarpone: In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, mascarpone cheese and Tillamook Old-Fashioned Vanilla 2% Farmstyle Greek Yogurt until thickened and soft peaks form. Set aside and chill until ready to serve.
7. Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium heat, or place a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the cut side of the stone fruits with olive oil. Grill until lightly charred on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool and cut into wedges.
8. Brush both sides of the pound cake with olive oil. Grill, flipping once, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side.
9. Divide the cake slices among plates. Top each with some whipped mascarpone, grilled stone fruit and fresh thyme, and serve.