You'll use this peach lemonade pie filling from Travel Channel's Adam Richman all summer long. Plan now to make extra.
Ginger-Peach Icebox Pie
Recipe adapted from Adam Richman for Mike's Hard Lemonade
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 4 hours chilling time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes, plus 4 hours chilling time
For the Crust:
2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
One 16-ounce carton frozen whipped topping, divided
One 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
For the Warm Peach Lemonade Topping:
8 ripe peaches--peeled, pitted and sliced
One 11.2-ounce bottle Mike's Hard Lemonade
1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Make the crust: In a medium-sized bowl, mix 1¾ cups of the crushed gingersnap cookies and melted butter with a rubber spatula until the butter is evenly distributed throughout the crumbs. Press evenly into a 9-inch pie dish.
2. Make the filling: Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine two-thirds of the frozen whipped topping with the vanilla pudding mix and the condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then spoon onto the crust, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
3. Evenly distribute all of the filling over the crust. Then top with the remaining gingersnap crumbs, evenly covering the cream mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
4. Meanwhile make the warm peach lemonade topping: Light a grill. Lay out a large piece of tinfoil on a clean work surface. Place the peaches in the center and fold the foil to form a packet. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Mike's Hard Original Lemonade, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and kosher salt. Pour into the packet over the peaches and crimp the edges of the foil to seal.
5. Place the packet on the grill or bake in the oven until the liquid has evaporated and the peaches are tender, 15 minutes. Remove the packet from the heat source and transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Remove the pie from the refrigerator and spread the remaining whipped topping in an even layer over top. Slice the pie and divide between plates. Spoon the peach topping over each slice and serve.
Please check your inbox to verify your email address.