Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This internship will offer opportunities to experience the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with his or her editor to pitch ideas and contribute to brainstorms, write articles including news and recipes, contribute to social accounts, provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research, editorial administrative duties, and possibly assist with photo production.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 15 hours per week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months. This position requires obsessive attention to detail as well as strong research and writing skills.
The intern should have good knowledge of the web and viral content, the New York City and national food scenes, and a curiosity and passion for all things off-the-beaten path.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates need to be eligible to receive school credit in order to apply.
- Contribute to edit brainstorms
- Research for various types of editorial content
- Building stories in our CMS
- Assisting the recipe-testing process by procuring materials
- Pitch and write articles
- General administrative editorial responsibilities
- A passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Detail-oriented, with strong research and writing skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters, SoHo, Manhattan, New York City
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic new team member to work in our Product Department at our New York City headquarters. The company is laser focused on audience growth and is seeking a data-driven individual to manage and enhance our current products and optimize our online product & content strategy. A strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Excel is mandatory. This role is tasked with helping the company make smart, fast decisions to optimize potential for growth. Understanding of business goals for interpretation & communication of recommendations is key.
The position will work very closely with the following departments: audience development, editorial, marketing, product (including the DINE iOS app) and operations. Data, communication, passion and drive are key characteristics that will help the individual thrive in this environment.
This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research ability and a positive, go-getter attitude. Motivation, resourcefulness and enthusiasm are musts: All of the projects are time-sensitive, so organization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency. You will be working with engineers, therefore logic always prevails.
- Work closely with Director of Product, directors, and various departments to help build, develop, iterate, and enhance new and existing products to achieve business goals
- Work with Director of Product to lead product definition and successfully maintain and execute on the product roadmap by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee content syndication partnerships from a product standpoint
- Constantly innovate and improve internal workflow functions by leveraging technical solutions or new platforms
- Successfully own and execute on all facets of the product lifecycle from ideation to production; to include post release strategy (e.g. A/B testing, user testing, iterate based on data, etc.)
- Manage expectations and product development pipeline across departments while prioritizing based on overall company objectives.
- Train and act as a resource to other departments when onboarding a new product, tool, or tech solution/best practice.
- Apply SEO expertise to keyword and competitor research, reporting, linking, conversion goals, on-page and off page optimization, rich media, image and digital asset (ex. blog, social media) optimization, and mobile; responsible for performance outcomes
- Analyze data for content, product, or general site performance for various departments.
- Keep up to date with latest products and/or best practices relative to the media or Tasting Table workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree (CS/Engineering preferred but not required)
- 2-4 years of product experience (preferably in Digital Media)
- Adept at solving complex problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand when you are wrong
- Good sense of humor
- Familiarity with DMPs and/or the world of online (especially mobile advertising)
- Strong communication and reasoning skills across departments including those with non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to quickly and accurately forecast potential product solutions/implementations to solve overall business goals.
- Proficient with web/mobile product design and UI/UX best practices
- Experience in managing content syndication (eg. Facebook Instant, AMP, Apple News, Flipboard)
- Experience in iOS UI/UX design and development
- Experience in mobile app cohort analysis, funnel optimizations, setting conversion goals, and retention strategy
- Experience in push notification testing and strategy
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely experienced in Google Apps (Including but not limited to Docs, Sheets, Scripts, Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices and SaaS tools (Eg. Moz, Google Trends, SemRush)
- Familiar with process management tools (eg. Trello, Asana)
- Experience using wireframe tools
- Experience in A/B testing, user testing
- Experience in cloud-based database management, data manipulation, and record upkeep
- Familiar with messenger bots and/or artificial intelligence/machine learning SaaS platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, JS, Python, Node.js a plus
This position includes a competitive salary, two weeks vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program, stocked Stella Artois (TM) office fridge
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters. At this time, Tasting Table is not able to offer relocation packages.
Brand Partnerships Manager - Chicago
Tasting Table is looking to grow its sales team in Chicago. An ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter, a strategic and independent thinker, outgoing, and a proven go-getter with a strong understanding of content-based advertising.
- 1-2 years sales-related experience
- Motivated and confident with the ability to work independently (set/achieve personal activity and financial goals, define/accomplish projects) and work remotely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present content/advertising solutions to decision makers
- Tenacious approach in navigating potential clients to break business
- Ability to create and maintain relationships among client and agency teams, amidst an ever changing media planning and buying landscape
- Generate RFP opportunities through meetings and constant correspondence with target accounts
- Strategic closer
- Ability to learn and think quickly, entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor's degree
- Work closely with internal teams on all aspects of the sales lifecycle, from lead generation to media plan and proposal development
- Support Brand Partnerships Director in Chicago with large, key accounts
- Achieve sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities for Tasting Table
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management in Chicago
- Participate in industry associations and trade groups
Compensation: salary + commission + benefits
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to CHIBrandPartnershipsManager@tastingtable.com. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.