Brand Experiences Assistant (part-time)
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic part-time assistant to start work immediately on our Brand Experiences team. This paid position will offer exposure to the fast-paced world of producing events and branded experiences for Tasting Table and our partners. The Brand Experiences Assistant will have a hand in all the projects and tasks of the department including event planning & production, design, research, and social media, with a focus on our summer Lobster Rumble event, taking place June 7th in NYC.
Applicants should be willing to commit to 25 hours per week in our Soho office and be available on the occasional weekend or evening. This is a short-term 3-4 month position with potential for longer-term employment. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK JUNE 6-7, 2018. This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research and writing skills and a positive, go-getter attitude. Experience producing large scale events and strong food knowledge a plus.
- Participate in planning and execution of events and brand experiences (particularly the Lobster Rumble) including vendor outreach, research, gift bag assembly, on-site event management
- Create event collateral, such as invitations, menus and signage, in collaboration with TT graphic designers
- Help in all aspects of event set up, execution and check in, to break down and clean up
- Guest list management and guest check in
- Administrative tasks such as research, scheduling, budgets, inventory and expense reporting
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Familiarity with hospitality and restaurant/catering operations
- A can-do attitude and willingness to dive in and get your hands dirty without hesitation
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer knowledge (Mac experience preferred), including Google docs, Photoshop, Pages, Keynote, and general Internet savvy.
- Ability to work as a team player and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- "No task is too small" mentality
To apply, please complete this form. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Sales Development Representative
Location: Remote or Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table, the award-winning food lifestyle media company, has an immediate opening for a sales development representative to join our Brand Partnerships team. This person will own a crucial process in achieving our revenue goals: connecting prospective business to our sales team.
The sales dev representative is responsible for identifying new prospects through extensive research, maintaining our sales CRM, collaborating with executive, sales and marketing teams to test a variety of outbound strategies, qualifying and managing inbound leads, coordinating meetings for our sales directors, mastering of a suite of sales software tools and optimizing our sales dev processes.
Candidates should be competitive, ambitious and resourceful. Priority will be given to those with experience in CRM, customer acquisition or new client development.
- Thoroughness and extreme attention to detail. You’re the kind of person who compulsively checks your work before you send it
- Excellent writing skills and email etiquette
- Enjoys talking to people on the phone and IRL
- Numbers and results-driven
- Curious and motivated to contribute above and beyond what is asked of you
- Sponge-like ability to absorb new material
- Not easily intimidated by big personalities
This position includes a competitive entry-level salary plus commission structure, two weeks paid vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program and gym stipend. To learn more about this position and to apply, please follow this link. If we think that you may be a fit, we will contact you directly. Please, no recruiters.
Influencer Marketing Intern, Spring 2018
TastingTable.com is seeking an Influencer Marketing intern in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity for a food-loving entry-level professional who wants to grow their digital and social media skill sets in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Partnerships intern will focus on the business side of our operations.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 30 hours Monday through Friday for a duration of four months: January 2018 - May 2018.
This intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Support the team’s efforts to develop and maintain third party partnerships with the purpose of growing our site, email and social audiences.
- Work with Director of Influence to conceptualize, pitch and execute influencer-marketing programs.
- Establish new and manage existing content syndication relationships
- Monitor competitive landscape
To learn more about this internship and to apply, please follow this link. If we think that you may be a fit, we will contact you directly. Please, no recruiters.
Tasting Table has an immediate opening for a writer to join our editorial team in Soho, Manhattan. The writer will work closely with our editors to write daily articles for our website, daily email newsletters and social media channels. The ideal candidate is able to quickly turnaround of-the-moment content without sacrificing quality, and has the reliability of a robot but the discerning eye of a savvy best friend. The writer will also help with social copy, source photography and assist other departments across the company as needed.
- Pitching and writing multiple stories a day across all topics, from new restaurant openings to can't-miss travel destinations
- Keeping ahead of current trends in restaurants, travel, products and lifestyle
- Seeking out and reporting on the most interesting and important stories in the culinary world, especially stories focused on issues, people, places and cuisines that have historically been underrepresented in food media
- Assisting with content outreach and community management
- Attending in-person events across the city as needed in order to provide coverage
- At least two years' experience in digital media, preferably specializing in food, travel and lifestyle
- Proven experience writing a high volume of content
- Intelligent, agile writer who can craft sharp headlines and copy that will drive engagement
- Wide knowledge of food and drink across cuisines
- High taste level (you know a good idea when you see one)
- Quick, intuitive learner who is digitally minded and driven by details
- Fun (and funny!), easygoing and dependable team player who's willing to take on any task
To apply, please complete this form. If we feel you may be a fit, we'll reach out regarding next steps. Please, no recruiters.
Tasting Table is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This internship is an exciting opportunity for a food-loving entry-level professional who wants to grow their digital and social media skill sets in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while experiencing the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with the editors to pitch ideas, write articles, contribute to social accounts and provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research and editorial administrative duties.
The potential intern should be willing to commit to at least 15 hours a week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months at the Tasting Table office in Soho. This position requires obsessive attention to detail, as well as strong research and writing skills, and the ideal candidate should be highly motivated and full of ideas.
The intern should also have good knowledge of the web and viral content, the New York City and national food scenes, and a curiosity and passion for all things off the beaten path.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Contribute to edit brainstorms
- Research various types of editorial content, including fact-checking information, making phone calls and diving into trends
- Pitch ideas and write articles as needed
- Build stories in our CMS
- Assist the social media team with posting across all platforms and community management
- Perform general administrative editorial responsibilities
- Attend events and out-of-office photo shoots
- Strong passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Quick, intuitive learner who is driven by details
- Dependable team player who's willing to take on any task
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital media publication space, especially in the food and beverage industry
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. If we feel you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Brand Partnerships Intern
Tasting Table, the award-winning food lifestyle brand, is looking for a savvy and ambitious Brand Partnerships intern to work out of our New York City headquarters. This paid role will support the business development efforts of our sales and marketing team. Potential interns should be obsessively attentive to detail, keenly adept at internet research, willing to commit to 10-15 hours per week and have a positive, go-getter attitude.
- Updating our brand partnerships contacts database
- Conducting prospecting research
- STRONG attention to detail
- Keen interest in sales, advertising and/or marketing
- Excellent email communication skills
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgement
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.