POSTED Tuesday, July 10, 2012
In case you missed out during the Fourth of July hubbub, here are a few of our favorite reads from last week.
• Food & Wine has compiled a list of the best new pizza places from coast to coast.
• Just in time for wedding season, Grub Street gives the 411 on how to drink at weddings without completely abusing an open bar.
• The French are perhaps even more upset about the recent foie gras ban than California chefs, citing that they “can only regret California’s decision.”
• Nora Ephron, equal parts writer, filmmaker and food enthusiast, has passed away at age 71. Former dining critic Frank Bruni remarks on her passion for food.
• Some of the top chefs in the country name their favorite supermarket brands and guilty pleasures. Who knew Wylie Dufresne had such an affection for American cheese?