POSTED Monday, June 18, 2012
Check out some of the most interesting food reads of the week, from creative kitchen gadgets to a rare crustacean sighting.
• For those of you with a little backyard space and a lot of energy, check out Food 52’s guide on how to build a backyard fire pit (pictured).
• Saveur showcases six fantasy kitchen tools dreamed up by some of the top chefs from across the country.
• In honor (or mourning) or California’s ban on foie gras, Grub Street has compiled a list of other foods that are banned in the States.
• If you’re in need of a little cocktail inspiration, look no further. The New York Times has just unleashed their first ever summer drink generator.
• Good news for all: Global food prices have continued to fall for the second consecutive month.
• A lobster-boat captain from Nova Scotia has just discovered a blue lobster, an extremely rare one-in-two-million find.