TastingTable.com, the daily email devoted to the best of food and drink culture, has an opening for a freelance photography assistant based in our NYC headquarters. The photography assistant will support the Creative Director in all aspects of creating, executing and editing Tasting Table's photo/video shoots.
If you have a strong interest in the digital publishing industry, a consuming passion for food, a love (and talent) for food photography/videography and a hunger to succeed in a fast-paced, energetic publishing environment, Tasting Table wants to hear from you.
- Working with restaurants, chefs, and their PR to plan, coordinate and execute photo and video shoots
- Providing on-site assistance to the Creative Director on NYC-based video and photo shoots including: transporting equipment, set-up and break-down
- Working with the editorial team to proactively plan upcoming shoots and plan the Creative Director's busy schedule
- Editing raw video and photography footage into pieces for Tasting table's e-mail newsletter and website
- Light administrative duties
- Working alongside the other members of Tasting Table's editorial team to keep the editorial content accurate, fresh and exciting
- A minimum of 2 years of photography/videography shooting and editing experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro
- A comprehensive knowledge of the food and drink world
- An understanding of the Tasting Table editorial voice and style
- Superb communication skills
- Wit, humor and the ability to produce a serious product without taking yourself too seriously
This is a freelance opportunity. More details will be provided upon receipt of application.
Please send a resume including a link to your sample work to email@example.com. If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview.
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
TastingTable.com, the daily email publication devoted to the best of food and drink culture, is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This paid internship will offer opportunities to experience the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with his or her editor to provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research, editorial administrative duties, and possibly writing and photo production.
This personalized program will be specifically developed with the intern to reflect his or her own interests, with the goal of helping him or her build hands-on experience.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 2 afternoon hours Monday through Friday for a duration of at least three months. This position requires obsessive attention to detail as well as strong research and writing skills.
The intern should have good knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Research for Dining Dispatch and other editorial content
- Assisting our director of photography with photo shoots
- Assisting the recipe testing process by procuring materials
- Managing Tasting Table's cookbook library
- General administrative editorial responsibilities
- A passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Detail-oriented, with strong research and writing skills
- Food (not only in the office, but out and about in the city)
- Exposure (to the editorial process and to the city's multifaceted food scene via dining and invitations to various food-world events)
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.