Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Desired Start Date: Immediately
TastingTable.com has an immediate opening for an Events Manager. This position requires a HIGH DEGREE of organizational and communications skills, both written and oral in addition to a positive, pro-active attitude. The events manager reports to the Senior Events Manager and will serve a vital role in providing strategic support and coordination for all event efforts (advertorial/editorial/revenue generating), with a particular focus on overseeing marketing and sponsorships for three West-Coast event activations scheduled in September, October and November 2014.
- Liaise with sponsors to ensure all sponsorship benefits are being delivered
- Create and manage event budgets and revenues
- Develop a robust marketing and PR strategy for each event activation
- Oversee all day-to-day aspects of multiple events, including pre-event logistics, contract negotiation, event promotion & marketing, vendor relations, sponsor coordination, on-site execution and post project recaps and surveys
- Create reports, presentations, recaps and proposals
- Fulfill necessary administrative responsibilities, include meeting scheduling, travel planning, expense reporting and vendor payments
- Participate in ongoing discussions with sales team to execute sponsor programs
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in event planning/management
- EXCELLENT interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- STRONG attention to detail
- Strong project management and budgeting skills
- A proven ability to implement an event from concept to completion, paying close attention to every detail while meeting deadlines and budgets
- A willingness to get your hands dirty
- A keen eye for event design including marketing/promotional materials and all other event collateral
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Advanced computer knowledge (Mac experience preferred), including google docs, photoshop, pages, keynote, and general Internet savvy.
- Ability to work as a team player and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgement
To apply, please fill out this survey. If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Tasting Table!