Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table has an immediate opening for an experienced editor/writer to work out of our New York City office. The editor will be responsible for assigning and editing national epicurean content for our website, social channels and daily emails, as well as writing features and shorter stories. Working alongside our editorial director and managing editor, this editor will be responsible for managing an extensive contributor network to shape and facilitate engaging content across all of our verticals (dining, wine, cocktails, cooking, entertaining, culinary travel and more). Please note that this role requires food writing and editing experience at a major publication, as well as a mastery of using analytics to optimize editorial content.
- Developing and managing a network of contributors who are able to pitch, write and produce high-quality, useful epicurean content on a daily basis
- Assessing pitches, assigning stories and managing all aspects of the editing process from ideation through publication
- Working closely with the managing editor to monitor and analyze performance to determine winning content, and producing stories accordingly
- Top-editing freelance content into a consistent Tasting Table style and sensibility
- Pitching and writing Tasting Table features across all of our verticals
- Repackaging existing Tasting Table content into dynamic, clickable features
- Participating in editorial team meetings, brainstorms, tastings, etc., as required
- Managing a network of contacts, publicists, tipsters and industry friends who help to keep you abreast of the coolest, newest happenings in the food and drink space
- Producing special content packages as required
- At least 3 years of experience in food media, preferably digital
- Proven experience editing a high volume of food-related content
- Performance-minded digital pro with a passion for analytics and creating successful content
- Ability to meet and exceed page-view and traffic goals
- Intelligent, agile writer who can write sharp headlines and copy
- Wide breadth of knowledge about food and drink across cuisines
- High taste level and ability to know a great idea when you see it
- Strong attention to detail
- Graceful under pressure while multitasking
- Familiarity with editing recipes
- Mac savvy/generally “digitally minded”
- Fun, funny, easygoing but deadline driven and committed to delivering on time and beyond expectation
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Digital Analytics Lead
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in SoHo, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic new team member to work in our Product Department at our New York City headquarters. The company is laser focused on audience growth and is seeking a data-driven individual to draw actionable insights from web analytics (desktop, mobile, email, social, search) to optimize our online product & content strategy. A strong knowledge of Google Analytics and Excel is mandatory. This role is tasked with helping the company make smart, fast decisions to optimize potential for growth. Understanding of business goals for interpretation & communication of recommendations is key.
The position will work very closely with the following departments: audience development, editorial, marketing, product (including the DINE iOS app) and operations. Data, communication, passion and drive are key characteristics that will help the individual thrive in this environment.
This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research ability and a positive, go-getter attitude. Motivation, resourcefulness and enthusiasm are musts: All of the projects are time-sensitive, so organization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency. You will be working with engineers, therefore logic always prevails.
- Establish & maintain clear, insightful reporting on the KPIs for Tasting Table as a whole, and individual departments.
- Draw actionable insights from data in Google Analytics, Parsely, Lotame and other products to iterate and improve performance of all strategies and campaigns. Provide timely insight into the content mix performing in each channel; and work quickly to optimize that.
- Hypothesize, structure and execute growth initiatives across platforms. Work with Audience Development for optimizing content syndication.
- Establish efficiencies in reporting templates that enable you to quickly provide on-the-fly stats and reports as needed.
- Work closely with the product & tech teams to ensure the site is tagged for accurate and meaningful analytics. Ensure the same for all future product developments.
- Assist the channel marketers (Email & Social) with insight requests as required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years experience in analysis for data-driven content and/or product strategies for a B2C media brand.
- Understand and have executed campaigns utilizing critical paths, conversion events, segmentation types, referring channels, marketing campaigns, and specific attribute correlations.
- Share results from tested hypothesis to provide recommendations for improving specific sales/marketing campaigns, or platform KPIs across the Tasting Table brand.
- Strong communication skills: able to clearly explain findings in a understandable way.
- Provide analysis to gain insights into user behavior, propose ideas to test hypothesis which will enhance user experience or drive incremental revenue, and provide deep dive/root cause analysis on testing results.
- Highly organized & detail oriented.
- Deep understanding of industry trends in both editorial and mobile.
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Impeccable taste and the ability to know a great idea when you see it
- Ability to work as a team player and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgment
This position includes a competitive salary, two weeks vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program, stocked Stella Artois (TM) office fridge, etc.
To apply, please email your resume AND Cover Letter to email@example.com.
If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table has an opening for a part-time Partnerships Intern in New York City. This position will offer opportunities to experience the entire digital marketing and partnership execution process to grow Tasting Table’s traffic, email subscriber base and overall brand footprint. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to gain a strong foundation in tactical marketing and business development and relationship management skills.
The Partnerships Intern's primary responsibility will be to assist Tasting Table in its efforts to develop and maintain third party partnerships with the main purpose of acquiring email subscribers. The Partnerships Intern will have the opportunity to identify and build relationships with brands that have aligned goals with Tasting Table, execute barter relationships and assist in managing an influencer program with tastemakers in the food, beverage and lifestyle space.
Potential candidates should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 30 hours Monday through Friday for a duration of up to 6 months.
This position requires an obsessive attention to detail, excellent research and writing skills with a positive, go-getter attitude. Motivation, resourcefulness and enthusiasm are musts as many of the projects are time-sensitive, so prioritization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Support the workflow of marketing campaigns, both for Tasting Table and brand partners, to ensure they are executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in copywriting for marketing programs including proofreading to ensure final materials are within brand guidelines and messaging
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting results to evaluate and improve the efficiencies of the marketing campaigns and channels used
- Help increase awareness of Tasting Table, and learn to drive viewers and traffic to our site and to our partners
- Creating meeting agendas/recaps/call sheets as well as daily reports
- Identifying partners with like-minded digital properties
- Researching competitive initiatives and key trends
- Assist in influencer outreach, research and campaign execution
- Participate in regular meetings to discuss industry trends and opportunities
- Ad hoc projects to streamline business operation functions within the Partnerships Team
- Knowledge of the digital food and drink space and a passion for digital media
- A love for talking to and meeting new people
- Advanced computer knowledge (Mac experience preferred), including Google Docs, Photoshop, and general Internet savvy
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including perfect grammar/punctuation/diction when writing copy
- Self-starter who can work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview.