Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
TastingTable.com has an immediate opening for an experienced writer to work out of our New York City office. The Senior Writer will be responsible for producing national epicurean content (writing both features and shorter stories, sourcing artwork/photography as needed, etc.) for our web site, social media channels and daily email newsletters. Working alongside our Editorial Director and Deputy Editor, the writer will be responsible for shaping and facilitating engaging content across all of our verticals (dining, wine, cocktails, cooking, entertaining, culinary travel and more). Please note that this role requires extensive food writing experience at a major publication.
- Pitching and writing multiple Tasting Table stories per day across all of our verticals
- Repackaging existing Tasting Table content into dynamic, clickable features
- Producing social media-minded content with the goal to drive engagement and page views
- Monitoring performance to determine which types of content work best, and producing stories accordingly
- Participating in editorial team meetings, brainstorms, tastings, etc. as required
- Managing a network of contacts, publicists, tipsters and industry friends who help to keep you abreast of the coolest, newest happenings in the food and drink space
- Produce special/branded content packages as required
- At least 4 years experience in food media
- Proven experience writing a high volume of food-related content
- Intelligent, agile writer who can write sharp headlines and copy that will drive engagement
- Wide breadth of knowledge about food and drink across cuisines
- High taste level and ability to know a great idea when you see it
- Strong attention to detail
- Graceful under pressure while multi-tasking
- Mac savvy / generally "digitally minded"
- Fun, funny, easygoing but deadline-driven and committed to delivering on time and beyond expectation
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
DINE App Editor
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in SoHo, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is looking for an energetic new team member to work in our Product Department at our New York City headquarters. The DINE App Editor will primarily act as a liaison between the editorial team and mobile products team to maintain, extend and improve all content in our app, DINE by Tasting Table (available on the Apple iOS app store). This position will assist in database management, coordination between remote team members, local dining research, analytics and competitive analysis as well as general food culture research about the country's most important food cities. This is an editorial position within our products group, so it requires a great balance of writing skills and analytical skills.
This position requires obsessive attention to detail, excellent research ability and a positive, go-getter attitude. Familiarity with Google products and Excel is mandatory. Motivation, resourcefulness and enthusiasm are musts: All of the projects are time-sensitive, so organization and time-management skills are essential to maintain efficiency. You will be working with engineers, therefore logic always prevails.
- Maintaining a dynamic database of restaurants (and later bars) across 8+ cities, including data entry and list management
- Coordinating with remote workers to facilitate changes in the database
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of openings, closings, and changes to a city's restaurant scene
- Collaborating with the Editorial Team to echo content ideas from TastingTable.com into the DINE App
- Brainstorming new ways to engage DINE users through content across platforms
- Collaborating with Product Team members to facilitate expansion of the database
- User testing for different versions of mobile applications across devices
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- STRONG attention to detail and knowledge of restaurant industry
- Energetic, personable and good-humored
- Impeccable taste and the ability to know a great idea when you see it
- Intelligent, agile writer who can write witty headlines and copy for mobile engagement
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of industry trends in both editorial and mobile
- Ability to work as a team player and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgment
This position includes a competitive entry-level salary, two weeks vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program, stocked Stella Artois (TM) office fridge, etc.
To apply, please email your resume AND Cover Letter to email@example.com.
If we think you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.
Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
Tasting Table is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This paid internship will offer opportunities to experience the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with his or her editor to provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research, editorial administrative duties, and possibly writing and photo production.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 15 hours per week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months. This position requires obsessive attention to detail as well as strong research and writing skills.
The intern should have good knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Research for various types of editorial content
- Building stories in our CMS
- Assisting the recipe-testing process by procuring materials
- Assisting the photo editor on photo shoots
- General administrative editorial responsibilities
- A passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Detail-oriented, with strong research and writing skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel that you may be a fit, we will contact you for an interview. Please, no recruiters.