Location: Tasting Table Headquarters in Soho, Manhattan, New York
TastingTable.com, the daily email publication devoted to the best of food and drink culture, is seeking an editorial intern in New York City. This paid internship will offer opportunities to experience the entire editorial process. The intern will work closely with his or her editor to provide fact-checking support, as well as assistance with research, editorial administrative duties, and possibly writing and photo production.
This personalized program will be specifically developed with the intern to reflect his or her own interests, with the goal of helping him or her build hands-on experience.
Potential interns should be willing to commit to coming to the Tasting Table office in Soho at least 10 hours per week (Monday through Friday) for a duration of at least three months. This position requires obsessive attention to detail as well as strong research and writing skills.
The intern should have good knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes.
Maturity and motivation are musts: Most of the work will be done independently, thus organization and time management skills are essential.
Interested candidates do not need to be students in order to apply, but Tasting Table will work with college students on the process of doing the internship for school credit.
- Research for Dining Dispatch and other editorial content
- Assisting our director of photography with photo shoots
- Assisting the recipe testing process by procuring materials
- Managing Tasting Table's cookbook library
- General administrative editorial responsibilities
- A passion for food, drink and dining, and good working knowledge of the New York City and national food scenes
- Detail-oriented, with strong research and writing skills
- Food (not only in the office, but out and about in the city)
- Exposure (to the editorial process and to the city's multifaceted food scene via dining and invitations to various food-world events)
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.